Katie Andrew Physical Therapy’s Services
At Katie Andrew Physical Therapy we have the skills and knowledge you need to get you back to doing what you love. As movement specialists, it is our job to watch and break down movement in order to discover the source of dysfunction. The therapists at Katie Andrew Physical Therapy’s job is not to just “fix” a problem—our job is to assess, address and educate patients on their injury.
Dr. Andrew has advanced, post-graduate training in osteopathic and other manual medicine techniques including but not limited to: trigger point dry needling, myofascial decompression (cup therapy), craniosacral therapy, myofascial release, muscle energy techniques, and joint mobilization. Dr. Andrew utilizes taping strategies, bracing, electric stimulation, and other modalities as needed. Movement re-education and return to sport and daily life activity are a focus of every session.
Common Orthopedic Issues
- Common running-related issues: plantar fasciitis, shin splints, iliotibial band syndrome, sprains, tendonitis, and hip impingement,
- Knee: patellofemoral syndrome, patellar tendonitis, ligamentous and meniscus injuries
- Shoulder: rotator cuff pain, shoulder impingement, pre- and post-op rehabilitation
- Upper extremity: tendonitis, bursitis, neuropathy in the elbow or hand
- Cervical spine: pain, decreased range of motion, bulging disc, degenerative changes, nerve impingement
- Torso: rib pain, postural dysfunction, pain and stiffness
- Lumbar spine and hip complex: sacroiliac joint (SI) dysfunction, hip labral tear, soft tissue injury posterior chain and groin, lumbar pain, muscle spasm, lumbar disc bulge and herniation, spondylolesthesis and degenerative changes
As an athlete, Dr. Andrew understands the importance of return to sport. She will work to individualize a program to achieve specific goals and keep patients on track for the next marathon, triathlon, tennis match, hike, paddle or family basketball game. Dr. Andrew is certified in both Crossfit Endurance and Crossfit Mobility.
Common Sports Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Wrist Tendonitis
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfer’s Elbow
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
- Hip Bursitis
- Stress Fractures
- Shin Splints
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Posterior Tibial Tendonitis
Physical Therapy during pregnancy and postpartum is often necessary to address the many bodily changes that occur during pregnancy. Dr. Andrew is an expert at evaluating and treating pregnancy-related conditions such as: sacroiliac joint dysfunction, low-back pain and sciatica, pubic symphysis dysfunction, diastasis recti (separation of the abdominal muscles), bowel and bladder dysfunction,and sexual dysfunction.
Common Women's Health Issues
- Bladder/Bowel Dysfunction
- Coccydynia/Tailbone Pain
- Diastasis Recti
- Dyspareunia/Pain with Intercourse
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Pelvic Pain
- Postpartum Pain
- Pudendal Nerve Entrapment
- Post lumpectomy/mastectomy care
For the past 4 years I have directed many of the runners I coach to Katie for either acute or preventative care. She is skilled at quickly identifying the origin of physical maladies and her treatment continually proves excellent and effective.
Lisa Turner – Prep Training, LLC